Entries in this category honor strategic partnerships that strengthen the competitiveness of the communities in which they serve through developing and/or improving the built and/or natural environment. These initiatives can include, but are not limited to:
- Creating healthier buildings and homes;
- Building playgrounds and outdoor fitness stations;
- Opening a community garden or increasing greenspace;
- Promoting healthier transportation infrastructure;
- Improving bike-ability and walkability;
- Embedding sustainable production practices within your company;
Award-winning submissions must include (1) an outline of the larger partnership strategy with (2) a detailed narrative of 1-3 specific initiatives and (3) a commitment to demonstrate measurable results in improving health. Submissions should detail the impact and evaluation methodology from either 2015 or 2016 data.